Privacy and Cookies
Privacy and Cookies
The Hellenic Chamber of Hotels Trip2Athensoffers online travel-related services through its Trip2Athens.com website and mobile apps. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms. If you disagree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you should discontinue using our services.
What kind of personal information does Trip2Athens use?
When you make a reservation, you'll be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, the names of guests travelling with you and your preferences for your stay.
To make it easier to manage your reservations, you can open a user account. This allows you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings and manage future reservations.
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, like your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation.
Why does Trip2Athens collect, use and share your personal data?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the accommodation you have booked.
- Guest reviews: We use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travellers to choose the accommodation that suits them best.
- Account administration: We offer a user account facility on our website. We use the information you give us to administer this, allowing you to manage your bookings, make future reservations more easily and manage your personal settings.
How does Trip2Athens use social media?
We use social media to promote our accommodation partners’ properties and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the Trip2Athens website. So when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
We may also enable you to sign in to Trip2Athens services with your social media accounts. Your social media provider will be able to tell you more about how they use and process your data in such cases.
How does Trip2Athens share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
How does Trip2Athens make use of mobile devices?
We have free apps for a variety of mobile devices and use versions of our regular website that have been optimised for mobile. These apps and mobile websites process the personal details you give us in much the same way as our website does – and they also allow you to use location services to find accommodation nearby.
How does Trip2Athens use guest reviews and other destination-related information you share with us?
After your stay at any accommodation booked through us, you will be invited to submit a guest review. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed (as described in detail in our Terms and Conditions) on, for example, the relevant accommodation information page on our websites, in our mobile apps, in our social media accounts and in social apps, or on the website of the relevant accommodation or on our business partner’s website, to inform other travelers about the quality and services at the accommodation you stayed in.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (hereafter together referred to as “cookies”).
Why are cookies used?
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies allow you to be recognised as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies also allow your choices to be remembered – choices such as the language you prefer, the currency you use and your search criteria. They will also make sure you are recognised when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookie and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
How are cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
- Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodation you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our website after they have been shown an online advertisement – which may include advertisements on third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, and will only obtain anonymous data. Our business partners may also use analytics cookies to learn if their customers make use of accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
How long do Trip2Athens cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to.
How can you recognize Trip2Athens cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Does Trip2Athens use third-party marketing and analytics cookies?
Trip2Athens uses the means required by Google Analytics.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may want to visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Who has access to Trip2Athens cookie data?
Only Trip2Athens has access to Trip2Athens cookies.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. However, we do not otherwise support “Do Not Track” browser settings.
What security procedures does Trip2Athens put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
Under no circumstances does the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels, the Trip2Athens.com platform, suppliers or anyone involved in the operation and support of the “Website” acquire any knowledge of your credit card details. The platform does not collect, process or store credit card data. The only collection and processing of such data or its notification to accommodation providers is performed in a secure manner offered by trusted third party systems, namely:
- The international payment system PayPal
- Credit card based payment systems of the following banks: Alpha Bank, Pireus Bank, Eurobank Ergasias Bank
- The PCI Booking system for the secure transmission of credit card data via fax to accommodation providers. The system is fully PCI compliant.
The aforementioned systems undertake the complete protection of the security and privacy of your credit / debit card data against the platform.
The services offered by Trip2Athens are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to delete it.
How can you control the personal data you have given to Trip2Athens?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your personal data.
If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. If you do not want to use Trip2Athens services anymore, you can ask us to block your personal data from being used again.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on the Trip2Athens website and apps?
The Hellenic Chamber of Hotels controls the processing of personal data on its websites and mobile apps. The Hellenic Chamber of Hotels is a Public Sector organization operating under the laws of Greece and having its offices at 24 Stadiou Str., 105 64 Athens, Greece. Our VAT registration number is EL090002296. The Trip2Athens.com service has been created and is operated by the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels.